Free school meals registration
19 January 2021 (by office (office))
Free School Meals/Pupil Premium registration
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
AND YOU RECEIVE CHILD BENEFIT
To check your eligibility go to www.fsm.lgfl.net and enter your details – the site links to the Department for Education system and gives you an immediate ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response.
Additionally, if you are in receipt of one of the above benefits and/or Working Tax Credit; you are a Greenwich resident (i.e. you pay your council tax to Greenwich Council) and you have a child(ren) in Reception, year 3 or year 6 you may also apply for a school uniform grant.
If you are eligible for this benefit, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals and apply.
Once your application has been processed and we receive confirmation from Royal Borough of Greenwich that the award has been granted, we will add your child’s details to our school database.
Mr S Harris
Executive Head teacher